Climate Smart Food Production
- Sustainable production (neutral; no waste; no pesticide or herbicide use)
- Reduced dependency on non-sustainable protein sources (oceans, arable land)
- More efficient use of natural resources (natural gas, land and clean water)
- Additional benefits (turning “fuel into food”; less nitrate in animal excrement
Climate Food Safety and Health
- Industrially produced through an (accelerated) process commonly occurring in nature: and therefore, consistent supply and product quality
- High storage stability
- Good binding power related to (compound feed) pellet production
- Regular supplies at fixed prices (compare: fishmeal, soy)
- Sterile, infection free, non-toxic, non-GMO, non-polluted source
- High protein content (70%+); includes all essential amino acids
- Positive immune effect: healthier growth patterns & less medication needed for animals fed with our protein (cleaner food chain)
- No negative side effects of consumption (compare: soy protein)
- Unibio’s www.unibio.dk technology converts methane into a highly-concentrated Single Cell Protein (“SCP”).
- Is a patented Vertical U-loop® fermentation technology; it achieves productivity yields with the bacterium Methylococcus Capsulatus that allow profitable large scale commercial production
The Protein Products
- UniProtein® is approved in the European Union for use as a component in compound animal feed.
- This Protein is considered to be safe when used as a processing aid in the production of food.
- Because of a strong demand for new sustainable protein sources and the potential cost and performance savings, our protein can easily substitute current more expensive commercial sources of protein in animal feeds. In 2013, over 963 million tons of compound animal feed were produced. The animal feed industry (worth approximately $550 billion in 2015) is our main target market.
- Other applications currently researched by are food-grade (for human) and medicinal-grade proteins.